Skip to main content

Had a #Sick day



I have had a rough few days off. I have been just right sick. Nauseated. Vertigo. Have not really been able to eat and somehow managed to lose five pounds in the process, but since I have been rather ill I suppose that is not that surprising.

I missed work today and that makes me uncomfortable. Not because I was ill, but because it was the first time I missed work since I have returned. The first time I have missed work with this current manager. Makes me anxious. And I feel guilty about even though I was so ill. Even though I would have had some serious issues working like that... unless there was a bathroom two feet from my office. Hell if I could have just lived in the bathroom all day. Because that is what I did.

I suppose now that it is late and I am now in so much pain due to being so ill all day, I am now upset over it more. It is just a sign of unpleasantness. A sign of non-functioning. A sign of being unable to physically cope with the stresses of work and how they affect my body. The lack of control I have over that if it is in fact the case.

You know just feels like the pain is just waiting to steal my tomorrows. Just a whisper away. I know what it is like to hold onto work long past when i should. It is never pleasant. It is an ordeal no one should have to ever endure. But we do, because we must... for many reasons often but mostly just because we have to live and earn money and it is necessary.

So I feel drained, sick and in pain and finally my mood has tanked with it. Wondering how this is going to even be possible again. How can I maintain?
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…