#Poem: Brain Haze

Brain Haze

Lost my mind today
Pain distorting reality
Brain beginning to fray
There goes my functionality

Pain distorting reality
How to comprehend?
There goes my functionality
Brain haze descending


How to comprehend?
Brain beginning to fray
Brain haze descending
Lost my mind today

This is a poem I wrote about brain fog which is an issue for fibromylagia, migraines and chronic pain. In fact it seems to be one of those symptoms that comes along with a lot of chronic illness. I suspect due to sleep issues and fatigue. Some of the things we can do about it in fact are to get good quality, regular sleep... easier said than done. Keeping regular routines because habits help us remember things. Staying organized and in that line of thinking using methods that assist us with organization such as writing things on a calender, using apps on a phone and whatever else assists us. Also eating regular meals can also help with mental fatigue.

It is not always easy to manage though. Just seems like thoughts and words slip through the cracks. Everything becomes all muddled and it is like thinking through mud. I find myself often using the wrong words and sentences come out all wrong. I have a difficult time expressing myself. It is extremely frustrating to me. It would be a great deal easier if I could just express myself using the written word all the time since I have an easier time of it but even there the world is full of typos.




Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...