Day 12 #migraine Awareness Cultivating #hope

"Birds of Hope," Interpret the Quote: Tell us what the quote on the image below means to you.




Birds-of-Hope"The birds of hope are everywhere, listen to them sing."

I have to admit I find that an odd way to look at hope. Like if you ignore hope it is going to take off and fly away... but then it does, doesn't it. If you don't listen to it, a lot of other more negative cawing crows sneak in there instead. The brain can be a broken record that way with its negative thoughts and that can steal our sense of hope or temporarily negate it anyway.

However, when we look at the positive elements in our life, things we should be grateful for, ways we can accomplish new changes and things we can do to have a sense of control over our health then we are listening to the song of hope. Looking for the songs that are there, hidden everywhere, a threaded tune in our lives that we can so easily miss but is there if we don't let the pain distract us from it.

In other words, hope is there you just have to hear it sing. But you also have to cultivate it. You can have hope. Find its song. And then think... but the pain is endless and I am going to live in agony and have this purposeless existence that isn't even a life. Bam. Hope crushed. So it needs to be nourished. In that sense it reminds me of fragile flower. Some people have green thumbs and can make anything grow. Me? I have been trying to grow a flower bed in the front of my house for four years now and as soon as I put them in the ground... dead. I have a black thumb. Or the ground is cursed. One or the other. So basically what I am saying is hope reminds me of my flowers. I can find it, hear its song, but I have a hell of a time nourishing it and cultivating it in the long haul.

"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association."

Prompts to be found on: Awareness Month page.







Awareness Month page.

Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...