Day 14: #migraine Awareness:#MHAM #MHAMBC #hope lies in #dreams

"Hope lies in dreams," Interpret the Quote: Tell us what the quote on the image below means to you.


Hope is dreams. It is not a tangible entity we can touch. It lies in thinking about the future. In the futures positive potential. Finding that positive potential and holding onto it. Looking to thinks in the present that we can do to achieve that future we want.

Hope with chronic pain is fragile thing though because we know the pain will not end. That in itself is a blow to the whole hope thing. Our aim then, our hope, is to lessen the pain. To decrease migraine frequency or intensity through medication if we can. If we cannot then our hope is to decrease the suffering that results from the pain though whatever means we can; perhaps biofeedback or meditation or relaxation breathing. Perhaps we believe a mixture of both will benefit us.

Sometimes I actually dream of this reality as if it exists. I use my imagination to project onto the world what it would be like to exist without the inhibitions of pain. Without the shackles and limitations. I know there will always be pain. I know this for a fact, but I believe it is possible to manage the suffering. I hope that is true.


Dreams-Salk


"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association."

Prompts to be found on: Awareness Month page.









Awareness Month page.

Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...