Day 15 #MHAM #MHAMBC #Migraine Awareness #Believe

"When You Believe:" Watch and listen to the video of Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston performing "When You Believe," then tell us how it can inspire hope.



Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains
Long before we knew we could, whoa, yes


This reminds me of someone mentioning that we should not be afraid or anxious before each migraine. Or anticipate the pain. I gave him a funny look because Don't. I fear the future of pain, a future I feel will be filled with pain, but I do not fear the inevitability of a migraine. And while my migraines are daily I do not get anxious or anticipate a migraine coming on. I just hope that I have a good pain gap, which is always a nice break... and then deal with it when it comes. There is no point getting unsettled about the pain before it even comes. When it might not come at all. One just never knows. And you don't even know how bad it will be. However, a future full of pain? Yes, there is much to fear in that because I am fully aware of what it was like to endure a year, five years, ten years and more of it in the past. And yet... I did cope didn't I?

There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
Its hard to kill

Hope is very frail. Very delicate. But I think that it is hard to kill entirely. I think we want to survive, so we hold onto reasons for hope. As small as they are until we can find larger reasons to hope. And that is all we need to get through the darkest of times.

Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe

Belief is fundamental to hope and to achieve any changes we want to enact and even affects the effectiveness of treatments we attempt. If we think everything will fail... it will fail. If we believe change for the better is possible, then it is possible. Belief is an insanely powerful thing to our brain and therefore hope is an insanely powerful thing. 

They don't always happen when you ask
And its easy to give in to your fears
But when you're blinded by your pain
Can't see the way, get through the rain

It is so very easy to be blinded by the pain. It tells you there is no hope. That the pain is endless. That it will never, ever change. And what is the point then to this existence? That is what it whispers incessantly. And chronic pain is so very difficult to get a handle on and treat. There is no easy answers. No quick fixes and solutions. There is just the hope of lessening the pain, maybe, and the suffering, perhaps. And you just have to endure to see that day.


"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association."

Prompts to be found on: Awareness Month page.










Awareness Month page.

Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...