Day 22: #MHAM #MHAMBC #Frienship

Today's MHAM Blogging Challenge is:
"The Power of Friendship"From the image below, please tell us how the power of friendship helps you maintain hope.
Friendship-Support-Hope
Friendship is something I value that helps prevent my inclination to just hide when in pain, thus being a hermit and encouraging a sense of isolation. In general, as an introvert I do really value my alone time to be honest. And crowds to tire me out quite fast, pain or not, but more so with pain. However, with chronic pain it has been my habit in the past to simply not desire to socialize because while working my pain was substantially higher... and slowly I socialized less and less, until not at all. What friends I had dissipated. Isolation, introvert or not, simply makes it easy to feel depressed and alone. So I know it is not healthy to do so, although at times it does not feel easy to socialize either. When it feels like you make a plan, and then have to cancel... so that what is even the point of making plans? Your brain is ever predictable with the fact it will be in pain, but never predictable on the time of day or intensity or duration. Planning around it is impossible it seems.

It took me some time to establish some socialization and it is limited in nature. I really have to choose what sort of social activities I do. I can go to a friend's house and play cards for example. I can invite people over for a fire. But going out to the bar, especially with a live band tends to be really pushing it. The last time I tried that migraine and tinnitus all night long and no sleep at all. What is important is the occasionally, at about once a month, I spend a little time with friends. Sometimes it is not much time if the pain gets to be too much, but sometimes I can manage it pretty well on a decent night.

And friends who understand I can't always do all the things they do all the time are pretty precious to me. Or understand I may have to leave early. Or may not be able to come out on a planned day. But they are important to me because that bit of socializing is important to get me out of the house, to break that since of isolation, to help with mood and to just have a good time with people I enjoy being around.


"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association."

Prompts to be found on: Awareness Month page.




Awareness Month page.

Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...