Find a place inside where there's joy #MHAM #MHAMBC

Today is the first day of Migraine and Headache Awareness Month and Day 1 of our MHAM Blogging Challenge. Welcome!

Today's MHAM Blogging Challenge is: Favorite Hope Quote: What's your favorite quote about hope, and how does it apply to your Headaches or Migraines?


"Find a place inside where there's joy. And the joy will burn out the pain." Joseph Campbell.

I have come to accept there will be pain. And that that fact is unavoidable. However I cannot let the pain prevent me from doing the things that makes life actually enjoyable and worth living. I can't let it prevent me from the little joys that I can find that make this existence bearable. Spending some time with friends. Going for a nice, quiet walk. Listening to some good tunes. Reading a good book. Writing a story. Going on a vacation.

It is my hope that the little joys that I can find do burn out some of the pain. I know they are better than doing nothing at all. I know that if I let the pain consume me, it has already won. If I live my life, to the extent I can, I shine a light on it and let in some needed warmth to flourish and grow.

Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...