Skip to main content

Large Migraine and Headache Hopes #MHAM #MHAMBC

Large Migraine and Headache Hopes: What large thing gives you hope for living with Headaches and Migraines? 

I have had a multitude of failed medications. Failed with botox. Most neuros have no idea what to do with me anymore. I was recently sent to a pain clinic instead that looks at treating the fibromyalgia and the chronic migraines... attacking both angles and I find even that approach is simply similar to what I have seen and done in the past. So there really is no medical solution that gives me a vast amount of hope. I aim for a slight improvement and hope that I can by getting a slight improvement see a reduction in my suffering.

Anything that improves quality of life gives me hope or would give me hope to live with this disease. I am aware that even if I found a preventative medication that was extremely effective it would at maximum reduce my migraines by 50% which would still leave me chronic... however, such a reduction would be a significant improvement. However, I have run through the most effective and moderately effective medications for migraines so the chances of success of that rate are reduced. Then there is a decrease in intensity, which cannot be overlooked... even that could provide significant relief.

Other things I do which I hope will make a difference are exercise, vitamins and supplements and meditation. None of these seem to do much on their own but I have the hope that all together maybe they do something and certainly there is no harm in them.

Mindful meditation is something that I have found useful. I do it about twice daily. And I have seen an impact from it. To the point migraines can be delayed in the day and also it seems to help with calming my mind before bed... when I am at that peak pain period. It was more beneficial when I was not working, likely because it actually was able to manage the stress better whereas with work I am compounding the stress by working in pain, but nonetheless I do get a benefit from it. It is definitely a tool to use to manage existing pain. In particular mindful meditation seems to work for me and other forms were of no real benefit at all... could not really focus through the pain well enough to relax.



"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association."

Prompts to be found on: Awareness Month page.
Awareness Month page.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…