#Migraine Awareness Day 5: Symbol of Hope #MHAM #MHAMBC

Symbol of Hope: What symbol helps give you hope for living with Migraine and Headaches?



 I created this symbol for my Facebook Page: Making Invisible Disabilities Visible. I chose the purple background because it is the awareness color for both migraines and fibromyalgia. Then I created the icon of a person who was in shadow becoming highlighted by light... being made more visible.

It is a symbol of hope for me because it directly represents a process I am involved in daily... that of maintaining the flow of information on my Page and this blog. Both for raising awareness about invisible disabilities and chronic pain, as well as sharing my personal thoughts and experiences. This process is very important to me and extends to the other migraine related page and group I assist with Migraine Misfits.

Just the color purple as an awareness color holds a lot of meaning to me. Holds a lot of hope for the future of awareness and hope for migraines and fibromyalgia... sort of like that they share that color to be honest since they are both important to me. Therefore as a symbol of hope I am partial to a simple purple ribbon or wrist band.

I take a lot of inspiration from words and images as well and use them frequently on the pages I manage. Words to invoke emotions about the subject. Images to add to them. Some paintings really express a lot about migraines. I am glad I have social media these days as an outlet where I can express myself to be honest and share these things to help spread awareness.

I had made this collage of paintings and images once. Less about hope and more about 'This is migraine'

Nevertheless I find these can be powerful awareness tools to utilize. This is what I experience. This is what others experience. This is what we want you to understand.

But I think the images of photos from places I have actually got inspire me with the most hope. I was able to go there. I was able to live, experience and enjoy... even with the migraines.

Here are some examples of that hope:












Prompts to be found on: Awareness Month page.





Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...