Skip to main content

#migraine Awareness Day 6: Song of hope: #MHAM #MHAMBC

Song of Hope: What song gives you hope to hold, despite your Migraines or Headaches and how? - 



Oh this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life, good life


This is a bad day, not a bad life. When you look at life in its entirety, I don't think I got a bad deal here. True, health wise it is not exactly that great, but honestly it could be worse. When I look at the other factors... a lot of good in this life.

Sometimes there's airplanes I can't jump out
Sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now
We all got our stories but please tell me
What there is to complain about

When you're happy like a fool
Let it take you over
When everything is out
You gotta take it in

I can and do complain about the chronic pain. It does have a way of draining a person down to their core essence sometimes. It certainly has an affect on my life and how it has turned out and what compromises I had to make for my health. However, those compromises were to decrease suffering so I cannot regret them. I can't complain about all the other aspects of my life. The places I have seen. Te things I have accomplished. The people I have loved.
 
You have to take all that good in. All the little joys there are in this life need to be consumed and remembered for what they are.
 
Hopelessly
I feel like like there might be something that I'll miss
Hopelessly
I feel like the window closes oh so quick
Hopelessly
I'm taking a mental picture of you now
'Cause hopelessly
The hope is we have so much to feel good about

You ever have such happiness you just wish you could lock that moment in your mind forever? The hope is that we have more of those moments. That we are not afraid to seek them out. That the pain does not prevent us from Being.
 

It is a bad day, not a bad life.

"The Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is organized by the American Headache and Migraine Association."

Prompts to be found on: Awareness Month page.

Awareness Month page.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…