Exceptionally long #pain week


A week of acute migraines I have been unable to treat. Along with some unpleasant FM symptoms. And I am tired. Making this week exceptionally long. It is times like this I really regret working. I am drained to my core.

I have not been able to sleep well. Obviously. Not with this level of pain. The way it always goes.

There is no actual solution to this problem and that makes my mood rather low today. Sort of just want to just sleep for a few days to recover. And I am in fact counting the days to my next day off, but that seems an eternity away at this point.

I remind myself there will be bad says. Unfortunately they tend to really cluster together into a brutal bad week. That is just the way it works.

I hope everyone is having a low to moderate pain day. It is difficult to get through the bad days I know. We have to distract ourselves from the pain, but the level of pain makes it difficult to distract from. It is hard to maintain our mood. Hard to sleep. We just have to take it easy. Get through it moment by moment. Know that the high intensity times do not last forever. It will get a little bit better. It is not wrong to relax. It is not wrong to take your time. To relax. I know that working makes thing exceptionally more difficult than we would often like in pain and there really are no easy answers in this case, except to find a solution with your employer to adapt to the workplace, do flextime, work from home or work less hours. And I would say we all should consider such options, but the pain clinic has told me to work part time and I have yet to mention it to my work place because I am stubborn and I feel that they will not likely go for it. I feel that it will bring unnecessary stigma into my work enviroment and I loath that sort of stress. Stigma at work brings a whole level of stress that I really do not welcome on top of coping with the existing pain. So I am just considering my options. I am also dealing with some medication changes and seeing how that works out.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...