It just hurts


"A white blank page and a swelling rage, rage
You did not think when you sent me to the brink, to the brink" ~Mumford & Sons. (I happen to be listening to them and that lyric caught my attention. Reminds me of losing control of pain and the disinterest of those that should be helping you through it).

Fact is I am not well tonight. I missed work today and I feel immensely guilty for this, as per usual. I know this cannot continue, but at the same time... the migraines are getting worse. I am not sure if they are getting worse because I am quitting smoking and that tends to make them worse... does every time with the quitting smoking products to the increase in stress. Or if it is just work and lack of sleep, which is pretty major all catching up with me. Lack of sleep being a big factor but it always is when I am working. Work itself in pain is difficult and stressful.

And I am tired. And it just hurts. And I wonder why do I have to put myself through all this? Over and over again. Clearly, I can't do it. Clearly doing it makes me very emotionally overwrought. It is mentally and emotionally exhausting. Fatiguing.

They ask so much from us, don't they? Doctors. Neuros. Pain clinics. Society. Want us to dance like puppets with painted smiles. To do what everyone else days, better even, but with a boatload of pain, fatigue, concentration problems and other problematic symptoms.



But I gave you all 
I gave you all
 I gave you all 

 Close my eyes for a while 
And force from the world a patient smile 

 But I gave you all 
I gave you all 
I gave you all 

 And you rip it from my hands 
And you swear it's all gone 
And you rip out all I had 
Just to say that you've won
 And you rip it from my hands
And you swear it's all gone 
And you rip out all I had 
Just to say that you've won, you've won 
Well, now you've won 

 But I gave you all 
I gave you all 
I gave you all

Mumford & Sons
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...