Drop that damn guilt


I was thinking today about work. How this leave is longer than I intended and how I feel very guilty about this. How I went on leave at all and let down my boss who is a great boss. How I wish I was well and this wasn't an issue.

Then I stopped myself and said. No. It is not my Fault I am ill. Not my fault. Not my fault.
And I have to do the things to improve and maintain that health. Ensure it does not get worse. Sometimes these things are necessary and this one was necessary, due to my mental health at the time. I know improvements need to be made. And I should not feel guilty about this necessity.

We have a right to care for health. We should without the guilt of it plaguing us. Situations do not always make us comfortable, but we shouldn't be caring for everyone but ourselves, should we? No we should have our own well-being in mind. When we do it makes it easier to then do the things we can do Within our limits. Taking care of ourselves actually makes easier to handle things with less stress and worry. Because we know we will Not exceed our limits. We will only do what we can and no more.

Catch a guilty that and just tell yourself to stop. You are only human. A human with defined limits. Or do what I said. It is not my fault I am ill. Not my fault I cannot do all the things others can do. I should not be guilty about it if it is not my Fault.

If you exceed them you will feel significantly worse and then the pain will flare and you cannot do anything and will feel more guilty. That is a run-on sentence because that is how it goes and goes and goes.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...