Skip to main content

Worthless



Sometimes we have negative thoughts we habitually think when we encounter situations. And these thoughts stem from core beliefs. My psychologist was saying I have a core belief that I am worthless. And if you feel worthless already then when you have all those negative thoughts and feel like a burden to loved ones, it makes it so much easier to think of suicide as an option.

I wanted to disagree because I think I do have worth... in some ways. But the fact remains if I look at my negative thoughts that stem around pain... that is what comes out.

  • If I can't work I have no value to society.
  • If I cannot function then have no real use to people.
  • If I cannot work a real job then I am lesser as a person.
  • I don't want to make a fuss about my pain or health issues because I don't think I am important enough to.
  • I am functionally useless and a burden to those that love me.
I could go on, but you get the picture. It stems for decades with chronic pain. Having my pain diminished. Making it feel like I should be ashamed of it, hide it. Knowing medical professions would not treat it because they didn't believe it was real or as bad.

It stems from knowing what you were capable of and having it slowly being taken away from you year by year.

So you have to confront the core believe in order to beat it to death. And I am finding this exercise excessively difficult. It was to come up with some things that fit under 'I am human and I contribute in my own ways'. At that time I found four things in which I contribute in my own ways. And now I must come up with more but I find it very difficult to do. Likely the point.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

Getting through the high intensity pain flares #Blogboost

The crowded me out of the brain. Making no room for anything else. Distraction was impossible. You feel almost frantic with the pain but must be still.

What do you do? To get through it when you have no distraction?

I ask me this as I am really in the depths of a 9 level frantic level of pain right now. Hoping maybe some writing will be a distraction, but it isn't. As I said, the pain crowds the brain. I have to focus real hard to write and my head isn't clear. Too much pain to focus well. Things become quite difficult to do. 

I will say this: We cannot function. We have to just cope with the pain.

But we are Immersed in the pain, we what do we do?
We can and should rest and get through it the best we can. Here are some of the things I do to get through it.

Relaxation breathing: I can't meditate when in high levels of pain. It just makes me think about how much pain I am in. Just not a good idea. But I do do relaxation breathing. I close my eyes. I focus on my breathing. I even…