Skip to main content

Fighting with my moods


 The pain levels this month have been quite high. With hormonal migraine stretches and status migraine stretches and just plain high pain days, with fibro flares. And in waltzes the darker emotions. Leading to those thoughts that are very much darker, emptier and simpler.

They say to me how is it even possible you can return to work Like This? When you can barely get through the day as it is? And I think, I don't have an answer for that. Because getting through that pain level is extremely hard for me mentally and emotionally. I have to monitor my thoughts and emotions. Make sure everything is under control. And even at my best I think will this last forever? When will it end? Can I hold on that long? I must, I must, I must.

But I know if I was working there would be dark suicidal ideation saying to me you can't work, you can't not work. What is this madness? What is this horrific game you play? Why do you have to torment yourself and who makes these rules? That you have to suffer like this? I try to fight it with reason but is it in fact reasonable that someone has to suffer more just to work when they can barely function? It does seem like madness. It does seem like a game I am forced to play for the benefit of others. Like 'look what a success story we got her to work!' All I get is mindless pain.

And with the pain I feel now... I don't want to feel that pain. I don't want to play that game again. I don't want that madness. But they say, it will just be part time. It will be less stressful. But it will be just as stressful. A 9 migraine does not wait until I am off. A status migraine doesn't stop for work days.

I get tired fighting these thoughts all the time. And the stress of it all. Right now the financial strain I am under because of insurance companies debating my long term disability. The fear when I go back to work I will have serious issues because I am still depressed. The pain seems to just rule my days and nights at this point. It is scary to add to that.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…