Skip to main content

A #Review: #FibroCane Vitamins and supplements for #Fibromyalgia.


This is a review for FibroCane. They offered me two products to try for a review.

FibroCane itself is a brand that doesn't use synthetic chemicals and rather uses wholefoods. I much prefer this. All the vitamins I use are in fact made this way.




The review:


FibroCane Daily

 is a 2 a day pill to help with Fibromauylgia. It has B's, Calcium, Magnesium, C, D. As well as things such as coenzyme q10, GABA, Ginger root, Rosemary. And more. 

  • I have to wonder if the Ginger root is why it never makes me nauseated as some vitamins do for me, if so awesome. I can deal with that. In fact I had no digestive complaints at all. I took it with food because it has magnesium and sometimes certain types of magnesium disagree with me but turned out to be a non-issue at all.
  • Vitamin D has been mentioned in a lot of research. The pain clinic has me on 5000IU of it in fact. It goes well with the calcium and magnesium. Magnesium is one of the basic migraine supplements we should all take. 
  • Rosemary is one I have been taking for myself for some time. It actually is said to do great things for brainfog and I was pleased to see it in there to be honest. It is also used for circulation and joint pain. I assume the circulation factor is the brain booster. 
  • GABA can help with mood and relieving pain. 
  • CoQ10 Well here "Many claims are made about CoQ10. It is said to help heart failure, as well as cancermuscular dystrophy, and periodontal disease. It is also said to boost energy and speed recovery from exercise. Some people take it to help reduce the effects certain medicines can have on the heart, muscles, and other organs." (WebMD)
Side effects listed by FibroCane are "Possible side effects include: drowsiness, fatigue, upset stomach, or headache. When taken as directed, FibroCane is not addictive or habit-forming."
The vitamin itself is a mouthful. And man it smells all vitaminy. You know the smell. But the ones that do, tend to be good. They don't have that thick waxy coating that is hard for people like me to digest. And I would like to actually Get the vitamins. I had no side effects and that is excellent.

I have to say I like a blend for Fibromyalgia in particular. There are so many things I could take. Like the rosemary alone for example is just another bottle on top of everything else I take. It seriously adds up. If I can start with a base like this and simply add a few things to it it would be great. It actually has a good amount of B12 in it so that is another bottle off my list. I would need more D. And Calcium (I have a slightly lower bone mass than I should so I have been on more calcium.) So actually when I look at it from a cost factor this might be a very viable option for me. And from a convenience level or reducing the amount of bottles I have to buy. Not to mention if I have less, I am more likely to take them. Sorry, if I have 800 pills and vitamins to take I tend to get forgetful. 

Personally I liked this blend. I have taken it for a bit now and I think it is improving the energy I have been having some serious issues with lately. Thankfully because my brain has been mud. I will be using this one further.


FibroCane Serenitea

I love tea and herbal teas for night. I am a real tea drinker. I have in the past tried several sleepy time teas with typical ingredients that have never helped me in the least. I like this one is a stress tea to help you sleep. I can take it when I meditate at night. Sort of relax that nervous system excitability we have going on. It doesn't help for sleep in me, but nothing ever has. I more, helps me relax and prepare for sleep along with my meditation. 

It is of course non-caffeine. Also Non-GMO. And Gluten free. It has quite a few things I have never come across and that is good. As I said I have tried a lot of sleepy time teas and even some stress teas. I recognize Chamomile, Peppermint, Rooibos and Ashwagandha. 

Now I didn't like the tea sweetness at first, because I am a milk person when it comes to tea. Never sugar. I noticed they added Stevia. This could be a problem if someone has migraines as well and that person is also triggered by artificial sweeteners. I personally never had an issue with Stevia. I do think it doesn't need it. I am getting used to the taste now, but would prefer if it was less so. Not everyone likes things sweet and I am one of them. However, maybe without it tastes way too bitter? There is that to consider.

It is pleasant for a herbal tea. 

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…