Sometimes people disagree on how to say potato. Po-TAY-toe vs Po-TA-toe.
- With the cognitive dysfunction of Fibromyalgia we would have the word potato in our minds and say pickle.
- We would want to say potato and it would come out ponatma, All garbled up. Not a word.
- We would want to say potato... and then blank out with no word resembling potato in our mind. We would have to say pass me the round, brown vegetable that grows in the ground... you know, that! There. Pass me that.
- We write a word like Paint and write Faints.
- And we write the wrong letter turning Word into Work.
- We transpose letters so Work become Wrok.
- We substitute letters of letters that look similar. b's become p's. F's become Ts. Further mixing up words.
- We transpose numbers. So we have to triple check our math.
We do all of that not even counting having issues with routine things we never had a issue with. Where suddenly your brain forgets the order of how to do that routine thing. Like stopping the car and trying to take the keys out without having put it into park.
There are concentration issues, half the brain is focusing on pain. And in general we don't sleep well. It affects our concentration.
Our short term memory, long term memory and working memory are affected by cognitive issues in studies. All accept our processing speed. So we hay have troubles remember sometimes a new policy at work, and remember the old one instead. Or we may have trouble remembering information we Know we know. And we have difficultly focusing on more than one thing.