Day 1 HAWMC:You know me

Yes today is the first day of the WEGO health November health activist writing challenge where we will be blogging for the entire month on specific topics. Here is their Facebook page if you want to keep up with some of the top posted each day.
And topic number 1...
“I am more than my scars.”.jpg
Welcome to Day 1 of the November HAWMC! First, let's get to know each other! What drives you to write about your health? What do you want other Health Activists to know about your condition and your activism? Reflect on this for 15-20 minutes without stopping...GO!

You know me, but let's pretend you don't. 

What drives me to write about my health is this need to express the human experience of living with chronic illness and to raise awareness. 

I have a few health conditions from asthma to hypothyroidism. But I focus my awareness efforts on fibromyalgia and chronic migraines. Mostly because the chronic pain aspect of my journey is particularly difficult for me and has led to such things as depression. Chronic pain is extremely difficult to treat and also very difficult to actually get beneficial treatment for it. There is a massive amount of stigma surrounding fibromyalgia and chronic migraines both that needs to be confronted. 

I have been blogging for over ten years now. I can say that in the beginning it was a way to express myself and was rather cathartic. It grew and developed into something where it is important for me to me to relay a message and information. As well as express my experiences and reflect on the difficulties of chronic pain.

You can find me at:
Twitter: @Nikki_Albert
Facebook: Making Invisible Disabilities Visible and Migraineur Mutterings and Musings.
This blog as well as Migraineur Mutterings and Musings.

Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...