Everyone has tough days, but how do you pull yourself out of the rut? Maybe you blog, repeat affirmations or listen to a favorite playlist. Write about what tools, tips or practices you use to lift your spirits after a rough patch.
I'm an introvert. I know. Surprising. As such, when I have a rough time in anything but especially pain wise I need down time. I need some me time. I need to chill and recoup.
What I find most important on these days are the things I intrinsically find pleasure in in and of themselves. Things that make me happy. Which all happen to be introvert things it so happens because that is indeed what I am. If you are not, it might entail things like leaving the house... in which case you might have to improvise and do things like invite people over, play video games with people online, facetime, call people... extrovert things. I admit extrovert things are not my forte. I always thought ambiverts though were very fortunate people. Sadly, not one of those either.
So what I like to do?
- Blog- I get into my blogging time as I form of stress relief to talk about what I am in fact going through. Or discuss the topic of what I am going through.
- Reading- I love, love, LOVE to read. And it is a great pain distraction.
- Write- I also equally love fantasy fiction writing. My favorite hobby.
- Coloring- I like to color, it is said to be close to meditation. My limitation is the nerve damage in my dominate hand, so I cannot do it long, unfortunately.
- Netflix and chill- Binge a good show? Hell yeah.
- Meditate- To just get in a calm zone I do some meditation. Twice a day. Once before bed.
Then there is also taking a nice bath, not too hot because that makes me pass out dizzy... but just right, with Epson salts. And then in the bath I have some tunes playing. And just relax and soak for a bit.
We need this rejuvenation days. I call them recovery days. Bad pain days and recovery days. When we need the rest the Most. And non-guilty days as well. Self-care days.