Skip to main content

Doctors and Insurance companies

My update on my leave is that my doctor Just Managed to finish the massive amount of information my insurance company requested. Late. Very Late. So I will get it sent off tomorrow. I was hoping to know soon because I thought this was done, but I will not, in fact, know soon. If it was too late, at all
.
The stress this is causing is immense. Makes me just want to stop thinking about it. But I can't stop thinking about it because I have bills to pay. How to pay them is indeed an interesting question. Because not working for months is not conducive to paying anything at this point.

I have been eyeing up jobs to apply for because when I get stressed I panic. When I panic I try to come up with counter plans. I think, I could do this. Or this company looks Great. But full-time? I failed at full-time. But full-time would give me financial stability. Then my spouse mentions driving into the city, he doesn't want that. And then I remember my doc said it would be better if I found something online. But I have been looking online and have found nothing. Nothing predictable. Nothing with a decent income that would compensate for my leave. If my leave fails I will need something now now. Even if I cannot do it or function or it isn't good for my mental wellbeing. Admin would be the idea, since that is the least taxing to me. Straight admin. 

My brain always wants to fix the problem of finances. Knowing it won't fix the problem of me in the workforce by doing so. And the consequences of that. I have been on this merry-go-round before. I am immensely tired of it. I know the result of it. But necessity is necessity, is it not? But sometimes the consequences are too high of a price. Which is why I am on this leave in the first place. 

Ideally: I go on CPP and have a wee side job to keep me occupied.

Or
Ideally: I work from home. In something I can do, that makes me the amount of money I need to earn to sustain my budget. And is secure income.

Or
Ideally: I find a location close to home and work a part-time admin job. I know I have been told I cannot do this, but desperate time equals desperate measures. If there was no commuting. No sales just admin. This is a viable third option.

It makes things complicated, to say the least. With my brain wanting to fix things so we won't be so stressed. And me equally not able to function. Maybe CPP is the way to go. I never would have said that years ago. But I am so tired of the pain. It has drained me down.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

When I say I am good

When people ask me how I am feeling 99% of the time I am lying. I often say 'not bad', because I feel it is slightly more honest than 'good' or 'fine'. Got sick of fine. Anyway, I lie for many reasons. 



I'm having a good pain day: They happen and I'll say that I'm good, fine, not bad. I even feel like I can accomplish great things... in moderation. In which case, relatively speaking, for Me I am not actually lying. This is a Good pain day, it is Not Bad for me and I am Fine with it. I just don't want to explain: I just don't want to explain how crappy I feel and in which way I mean. Because I am tired of it. I just want to deal with it, without having to discuss it, mention it or have any sympathy expressed about it. Because it can be complicated. It may be a migraine with specific symptoms. Maybe it is a FM flare though. Or both. And then I have to explain what it is because most people think my migraines are the main issue but I could be FM…