Skip to main content

Review: CBD Clinic

I am reviewing some samples I got from CBD Clinic. I received no money to do this review and the samples I received had no influence on my commentary. They are currently running a campaign to get a product to market. Please see that HERE.

Here is their company page.
"The CBD CLINIC product line was developed to provide an entirely new class of non-prescription topical medications that offer Revolutionary Relief™ to the billions of people living with pain. Our mission is to help people throughout the world be as pain-free as possible.
CBD CLINIC products are brought to you in partnership with Aidance Scientific, an FDA-registered manufacturer of topical, dermatological solutions. Aidance Scientific has developed, manufactured, and distributed all-natural, over-the-counter medications since 2004, serving customers in over 150 countries worldwide. Aidance products are available in CVS and Walgreens, other retailers across the United States, as well as Amazon."


3-3

Here are the main features of what is in CBD Clinic products.
  1. They are all natural components in there such as organic beeswax, jojoba seed oil, cottonseed oil, and shea butter.And generally, if I don't know what it is and can't pronounce it I don't want it on my skin. With Fibromyalgia I can be quite sensitive to these things.
  2. Powerful Terpenes- These are producing an analgesic action in acute and neuropathic pain by 'decreasing neuronal excitability through peripheral mechanisms' One might recognize one common one: Menthol. Others they use Camphor, Eucalyptus (another common one I see in migraine balms), Tea tree, Clove, Peppermint (another one mentioned with migraines), rich-hemp extract.
  3. Endocannabinoid Modulators-CBD Charlotte Webs strain and this is providing the anti-inflammatory and pain relief properties. Not to be confused with TSH which is what gets you high. CBD doesn't. I have heard wonderful things about that strain by the way, so it seems like that right there was a good chose for the product.
Basically, I pointed out there what I like about it; the other ingredients are things I know and are natural, the other terpenes are familiar to me and a great addition to the product, and finally, I think they chose a great strain for the product.

There, is in fact, a little research on fibromyalgia in regards to medical cannabis and treatment. A small study for migraines as well. I have pondered going on CBD blends of medicinal cannabis for some time. 

This was my first attempt at CBD products, however. I was given 4 samples: Pro Sport, Arthritis deep relief, Severe Powerful Relief, and Odor-free. 

So what do I actually think of the product effect wise?

I have to say I am in love with these products. In particular, I scrapped ever bit I could out of that Pro Sport and that Severe powerful relief is next.

Due to fibromyalgia and my adventures in exercising lately, I have been in a great deal of pain. Perhaps not the sort of 'exercising' other do, but the sort that causes someone with FM severe pain to do. The Pro Sport has been a great relief for that for sure. I moved onto the Severe level thinking I wouldn't get a much relief, but it works just as well. 

I have also been using it with my migraines. We often use menthol based creams on our necks from the pain we get there. Or on our jaw line and even our foreheads. So I have been experimenting with them all in these areas. I must say, I am quite surprised at the success I had with the neck pain. I get daily migraines, so we are talking a constant, endless neck pain. I have been using this daily and my neck pain is nill right now. It is amazing, to be honest. It literally never stops hurting. 

I enjoy the odor free, specifically due to migraines. When my scent sensitivity is in effect it is better to use products with minimal to no scent on them. So that one was great for that.

I didn't get to try it on my more severe nerve pain, as that hasn't acted up in the time frame. But I did give my spouse some to try. The Arthritis one, simply because he actually has arthritis. He believed it worked longer than his usual menthol based cream he gets from the doctor. Perhaps that is because the one he gets is just 10% menthol and nothing else.

Now, would I try it again? That is a hell yes. I would bathe in this stuff. I am going to hoard what I have left I'll tell you that. I am actually pretty picky about topical creams due to scent because it can be such a scent trigger for me. The last one I recommended must have been years ago now.

Please see that HERE for the product they are trying to raise enough funds to set up. Take a look and pre-order if you are interested in trying it out. I hope their campaign turns out well for them. They have a damn fine product. 

cbd
.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Signs the pain is getting the best of you

100 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia

There was a site that had this and I had linked to it on Tumblr but it is gone. So I had to hunt down someone who found my post and posted the whole thing in a forum. Anyway it is around but I'm posting it here so I will not have to hunt it down to reference it. Now we all know the major symptoms are the wide-spread pain, but our pain isn't just muscle pain... it can be nerve types of pain as well, and the fatigue and the insomnia. And even among symptoms there are some far more frequent than others, but it should be said we have categories... like the cognitive dysfunction, which is a broad one that has more than one symptom and we often just say fibrofog. The insomnia... more than one sleeping disorder. So the list is interesting.




GENERAL
__ Fatigue, made worse by physical exertion or stress
__ Activity level decreased to less than 50% of pre-illness activity level
__ Recurrent flu-like illness
__ Sore throat
__ Hoarseness
__ Tender or swollen lymph nodes (glands), especiall…

Getting through the high intensity pain flares #Blogboost

The crowded me out of the brain. Making no room for anything else. Distraction was impossible. You feel almost frantic with the pain but must be still.

What do you do? To get through it when you have no distraction?

I ask me this as I am really in the depths of a 9 level frantic level of pain right now. Hoping maybe some writing will be a distraction, but it isn't. As I said, the pain crowds the brain. I have to focus real hard to write and my head isn't clear. Too much pain to focus well. Things become quite difficult to do. 

I will say this: We cannot function. We have to just cope with the pain.

But we are Immersed in the pain, we what do we do?
We can and should rest and get through it the best we can. Here are some of the things I do to get through it.

Relaxation breathing: I can't meditate when in high levels of pain. It just makes me think about how much pain I am in. Just not a good idea. But I do do relaxation breathing. I close my eyes. I focus on my breathing. I even…