Review: Gut Health Storylines App

“This is a sponsored post for Self Care Catalysts. I have been compensated through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. All opinions remain my own and I was in now way influenced by the company.”
you-matteryour-health-mattersengage-in-your-self-carewithout-guilt

The Gut Health Storylines App is, of course, to help you monitor and maintain your gut health. I have IBS-D and I also have persistent nausea of an unknown cause, potentially migraines.  It is important to try and figure out what is flaring the IBS-D. And if I can try and figure out the cause of the nausea, or anything that may be impacting it. So far the tracking has helped me determine my menstrual cycle makes the nausea significantly worse, but other than that not much else. IBS on the other hand, it was obvious in some cases what caused a flare... milk was the culprit one day and a magnesium supplement on another. I tracked these remarks in the journal.

The symptom checker is important to me to track how these are affecting my daily life. As well as monitoring the nausea and how bad it is from day to day. It tracks nausea/vomiting, pain, and impact on day. I also wanted to track my diarrhea so I added that to the tracker. It seems via the tracker me my pain is a low constant, the nausea is like a wave from middle to high, and the diarrhea flares, when the diarrhea and nausea are both flaring it greatly affects my day.


Stool tracker: is another one to help with gut issues to keep track of bowel movements. And you can leave notes here specifically what you think the trigger was. Or treatment you have in mind.

Food Tracker: This is great for digestive issues. I can have a bowl of cereal, as I did a few days ago, and go that was a massive mistake and input that in the food tracker. You can take a picture of the food, describe it and the reaction you had to it.

Medication tracker: I have inputted all the medications I take in here so I know what they are and any changes might have an effect on me digestive wise.  So the medications you have in there, it will track you taking them. This in particular, is great for ones that are occasional like for IBS or nausea... you can see how often and what days you are using them.

Daily moods: I track my daily moods. A feature I like because it is important with chronic illness to monitor your moods. I have depression, so twice as important to me.

My journal: I use this to basically point out anything that I feel may have trigger an IBS flare or aggravating my nausea. Anything I am trying to help with the nausea. As well as treatments I used to help either. Like gravol, zofran, peppermint tea. I also use the three things I am grateful for, as a gratitude journal. It is important for us to keep in mind what we are grateful for or thankful for. The journal is great for free flow thoughts, for gather thoughts together or making conclusions you have gathered about your health. Or to even set health goals based on the evidence you are collecting. Like for example, my reaction to milk lately suggests I may aim for lactose free milk and see if I can eat cereal without the horrible consequences.

I use the routine builder for my exercise routines and the daily vitals to track weight, pulse and blood pressure. I am losing weight from the nausea. So far it seems I am 'maintaining' after a 40 pound loss, but it is a good idea to track it to ensure that I am still not losing.

Overall, Gut Health Storylines App is a well-rounded and excellent tool for keeping track of bowel and digestive disorders. Tracking medications, our food, symptoms, and stool. It can help us find a pattern with the symptoms. Help us see the impact of the symptoms. See how much medication we are using to manage the symptoms. I found it easy to use, beneficial to me and I will continue to use it to help manage my IBS-D and persistent nausea.
Post a Comment

I would love to just redirect you to the new site...

But sadly the redirect function doesn't function. I will continue to persist hitting it and see if it will eventually do something. Or s...